High Asset Divorce
The complexities of a high asset divorce can bring unique challenges, particularly in regards to the equitable division of marital property. The proper steps must be taken to ensure that all relevant business interests, hidden or foreign assets, retirement accounts and other assets are properly identified and valued. At Saltzgiver & Boyle, we work closely with accountants, forensic accountants, actuaries, business valuation professionals, and other experts to help us prepare the strongest possible case for our clients.
In addition to financial concerns, many high income or high net worth individuals, as well as those in public roles, are concerned with maintaining their privacy in family and divorce matters. That’s why our attorneys handle these cases with the utmost discretion. Depending on the circumstances of the case, private, non-litigated pretrial solutions can also help keep private details of a divorce out of the public eye.
Our clientele includes a wide range of professionals, public figures, and individuals seeking to preserve their wealth, including: Doctors & Medical Professionals, Legal Professionals, Accountants & Financial Professionals, Executives, Business Owners, Elected Officials or their spouses.
Valuing & Dividing High Net Worth Estates & Complex Asset Portfolios
A divorce involving substantial or complex assets begins with a comprehensive examination and valuation of marital assets, as well as other considerations, including…
- Cash & Securities Assets: We review the fair market value of financial accounts, including stocks, bonds and money market accounts.
- Real Estate: We review both residential and commercial property, including the primary home, vacation homes, and business and investment properties.
- Family Trusts & Inheritances: We examine trusts and inheritances in order to protect or divide them fairly.
- Hidden Assets: When necessary, we work with independent investigators and forensic accountants to uncover and identify hidden assets.
- Business Interests: We work closely with business valuation professionals to ascertain the fair market value of closely held family businesses, professional practices, partnerships, profit sharing arrangements, and other business interests.
- Retirement Accounts: We examine pensions, IRA’s, Keogh plans, 401(k)’s and 403(B)’s.
- Life Insurance Policies, Proceeds & Annuities: We determine the best course of action on accounts involving beneficiaries.
- Executive Compensation Plans: We evaluate stock options, benefit plans, severance packages, deferred compensation, bonuses, and more.
- Tax Issues: We analyze and consider tax related matters, as well as the tax implications of dividing various marital assets.
In addition to examining the marital assets, we also consider…
Contact Our High Asset Divorce Attorneys Today For Assistance
In high asset divorce cases, choosing the right lawyer is critical to both your current lifestyle and your long-term satisfaction. The divorce decree is final. Once a divorce decree is issued by the courts, you’ll no longer have an opportunity to address anything that may have been forgotten or overlooked. That’s why it’s of paramount importance to retain an experienced, thorough and precise attorney.
Since 1967, Saltzgiver & Boyle has developed a reputation for being highly knowledgeable and skilled in the area of complex asset division. So much so, in fact, that complex divorce cases are often referred to us by other attorneys.
Our attorneys focus exclusively on family law matters, and excel in cases involving significant and/or complicated assets. We work diligently and strategically to deliver positive outcomes to high net worth clients in the Harrisburg area and throughout Pennsylvania. Schedule your consultation today…