Spousal Support & Alimony in PA

Am I entitled to alimony in PA?

How much might I owe?

When your family circumstances change in a divorce, you may find that you’re also facing issues concerning spousal support and alimony, and asking questions just like this. It is important to understand how spousal support options may affect you. At the Harrisburg, PA law office of Saltzgiver & Boyle Family Law Attorneys, we are experienced family law attorneys who can talk with you about how you may be affected by Pennsylvania law.

We tailor our approach to meet your needs. Sometimes a spouse’s right to support is contested by the other spouse. Other times, there are disputes about how much support should be awarded. Although we handle cases of all sizes, we are experienced with helping high-income clients with complex assets. We have extensive knowledge of the complicated issues in spousal support cases, including analyzing the tax consequences of your actions.

Our lawyers can help you regardless of your situation: whether you are a non-working, dependent spouse or have been the income provider for your family. We are knowledgeable about alimony pendente lite (APL). This form of temporary support order is designed to offer support while a divorce is pending. It operates in the period between the date of filing and the date of the decree ending the marriage. To speak with one of our knowledgeable attorneys regarding APL, contact our Harrisburg law office at 717-236-9428.


If you are considering a modification to your spousal support order, you should speak with a lawyer to determine whether a modification is warranted and what the outcome might be. At Saltzgiver & Boyle, we help parties make modifications to support orders. Our attorneys work with families in many different circumstances and can help you develop a plan that suits your needs.

Out-of-State Support

We are also knowledgeable about how the law affects divorcing couples and families when one spouse has moved out of Pennsylvania. It is important to work with a lawyer regarding these matters, as the law can be complicated.